Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and
investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and
retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our
mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence.
We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200
full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to
serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services,
including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse
needs of high-net-worth clients.
WIM University Programs seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional undergraduate students to
Wealth & Investment Management. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment
to diversity in WIM.
The Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Intern Program is ideal for current
undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on personal and
In the WIM Intern Program, participants will have the opportunity to understand the day-to-day
responsibilities of a full-time employee and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience.
Over the course of ten weeks, participants will gain exposure to senior leaders, participate in a community
service project, and benefit from coaching and performance feedback sessions. WIM Interns will also
participate in a virtual learning series and complete a cross-program group project with fellow interns across
Wells Fargo University Programs.
*The WIM Intern Program offers two role placement opportunities: Cross-WIM roles and WIM Financial Advisor
WIM Financial Advisor Roles: Approximately 50 intern positions will be available nationally across our Wells
Fargo Advisors landscape. The locations are determined by business need and participants will be hosted in
Markets with other interns.
Available positions will be aligned with Wells Fargo Advisors Markets mentoring under Market Leaders and
Financial Advisor teams. In these roles, program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial
services industry through hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics,
project management, consulting, and beyond in a client-facing environment.
- Interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, direct team
members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal employees as needed and appropriate.
- Understand processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solve problems independently.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written
communications to customers and/or management.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes, and techniques.
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
- 1+ month professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications,
English, or related field
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- *Prefer an undergraduate degree with a graduation date of December 2023-June 2024
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
- Full-time schedule, 10-weeks (non-rotational). Program Dates: June 6, 2022-August 12, 2022.
Download full document – 2022 Wealth Investment Management Summer Internship_WIM Financial Advisor Path