The Benedict College Career Pathways Initiative and Service-Learning Program supports faculty, staff, students, and community partners in the implementation of career pathways and career mapping. The goal of career pathways and career mapping is to help students become career ready through intentional services and activities that support career growth, career development, and career transition.
Purple Briefcase Ambassadors (PBAs) are those selected Benedict College leaders who will help support the Career Development Center initiatives as it relates to training, implementation, and maintenance of the career management system, Purple Briefcase. Oversight and training will be provided by the Career Development Center staff.
About the PBA Initiative
Purple Briefcase Ambassadors fill a number of critical support roles, including:
- Assisting students in registering and logging into Purple Briefcase
- Assisting instructors with navigating Purple Briefcase
- Assisting students with navigating Purple Briefcase
- Assisting Career Development Staff with maintenance and upkeep of Purple Briefcase
In turn, Purple Briefcase Ambassadors will develop new skills through professional development and training, working closely with faculty and staff, and participating in a wide variety of campus and community initiatives.
Ideal candidates should possess a minimum of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest/experience in community service, service-learning, and career integration.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to connect with others.
- Microsoft Suite and other computer skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and community partners.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
Purple Briefcase Ambassador Position
Career Pathways Initiative and Service-Learning Program (CPISLP) Ambassadors will assist the Career Development Center Staff in training, maintenance, and upkeep for the Purple Briefcase Career Management System.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input data into Purple Briefcase to include event management, updated job announcements, internship opportunities, and other required information;
- Provide support to faculty (class presentations; facilitating group career discussions; posting placement opportunities; coordination of class projects in the Career Center; assisting with registration for events, documenting attendance at events, tracking and monitoring placement of interns etc.);
- Provide support to students with tasks such as, profile enhancement, registration and login support, navigation of Purple Briefcase site, troubleshooting in the Career Center;
- Ensure community partners, businesses, and graduate schools are properly supported and up-to-date in Purple Briefcase (phone/e-mail check-ins, thank you letters, current job postings, current internships, special letters of recognition, etc.);
- Develop and disseminate student satisfaction survey and assist with aggregating findings;
- Write feature articles for the Department’s Blog;
- Participate in CPISLP trainings and professional development;
- Participate in external training and leadership development;
- Help support, promote, and organize sponsored CPISLP community events;
- Research and data development on career management in higher education;
- Act as a representative and advocate of CPISLP;
- Other duties as assigned.